- 2 large
- skinless chicken breasts
- halved through the middle
- 2 eggs
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 75g Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- half a 690ml jar passata
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- half a 125g ball light mozzarella
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place the chicken breasts between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a £1 coin. Dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs, mixed with half the Parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
Heat oil and cook garlic for 1 min, then tip in passata, sugar and oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken. Scatter over the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Bread Sauce 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Fish and potato wedges 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.