Bubble & Squeak Burgers
Using up leftovers
- 250g Boiled or Leftover Mash Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Skimmed Milk
- 150g Cooked Cabbage finely shredded
- 2 Spring Onions thinly sliced (or half an Onion chopped)
- Spray of Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Heaped tsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mash potatoes with the skimmed milk (if using boiled) and beat int he cabbage and spring onions. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
If you prefer you can put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for about 1 minute until well mixed.
Spray a pan lightly with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Divide the potato mixture into 4 equal-sized portions and make into burger shapes.
Dust with a little flour and cook in a hot frying pan lightly sprayed with oil for 3-4 minutes each side, until crisp and golden
Serve topped with a poached egg for a tasty breakfast
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- The Perfect Soft-Boiled Egg 4.4/5 (37 Votes)