Poulet de Tomate
Roast chicken pieces served on a base of butter beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil. Cooked with a handful of black olives and some lemon zest.
- 4 chicken quarters
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tins Butter beans
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Black olives - small handful
- zest of half lemon
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Salt flakes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Season chicken quarters with salt and pepper and place snugly in a ceramic dish. Pour over tomatoes, garlic, butter beans, 1/2 basil, black olives and lemon zest. Mix all ingredients together, with chicken slightly above everything else. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Place in oven for 1 1/2hr at 180c. Half way through cooking add rest of basil and mix gently.
Serve with freshly baked ciabatta.
Allow chicken to rest for 10 mins covered with foil.
If there is a lot of juice in pan, strain off liquid keeping tomato mixture warm and reduce it to concentrate the flavours.
Serve with some broccoli or green beans.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (464 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Full English... 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Tuna and tomato tart with... 3.7/5 (123 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Risotto 3.6/5 (93 Votes)
- Chicken Parm 2.8/5 (146 Votes)
- monday night chicken rice 3.2/5 (94 Votes)