Pico de Gallo
A quick, easy appetizer or snack to whip up on lazy, warm summer days. Fresh tomatoes mix with lime, onions, cilantro, and fiery jalapeño. Served with avocado slices and blue corn tortilla chips. Any leftovers can also be added to scrambled eggs in the morning, or as filling for tortillas and tacos. Goes well with guacamole and sour cream.
- Main ingredients
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- either red or white (more can be added to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Half of a medium-sized jalapeno
- or adjust to desired hotness.
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- or adjust to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To serve:
- Tortilla chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop all ingredients into fine pieces and combine.
Season with lime juice and salt and pepper.
Let the mix sit for a few hours to maximize the flavours. For a twist, add chopped mango to the mix.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Mexican Tostadas 3.4/5 (123 Votes)
- Gratin Dauphinois 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)