Tasty Southwest Quesadilla
A tasty quesadilla with a delicious sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- plus extra for griddle
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 3/4 sweetcorn
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped coriander
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped coriander
- 1/2 lime
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onion and red pepper until soft.
Add the sweetcorn, red pepper flakes and cumin. In the meantime spread half the tortillas with refried beans.
Transfer to a bowl and add the coriander. Make sure to mix well.
Put the fillings on the tortillas with the beans on and sprinkle cheese over them. Cover with the remaining tortillas.
In a hot pan, fry the quesadillas until all the cheese is melted.
For the dip: Mix the copped coriander, lime and sour cream together.
Serve the quesadillas with the dip.
This recipe tastes great with chicken. Make sure to cut the chicken into quite small pieces though.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (237 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (178 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Cheesy Leek & Bacon Pasta 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)