So nice and gooey. Plus it's Mexican, which is always a bonus!
- olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- deseeded and sliced
- 2 spring onions
- 4 soft tortillas
- chopped coriander
- 100 g cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the oil in a frying pan with the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
Transfer the mixture into a bowl with the spring onions.
Heat a little more oil in the frying pan. Put on a very low heat. Place one tortilla in the pan. Add half of the chicken mixture (leaving a gap round the edges) and then sprinkle over some coriander and half of the cheese (push some of the cheese to the edges of the tortilla to act as 'glue').
Place another tortilla on top and push it down, cook for a couple of minutes, pressing them together to try and make the cheese stick the two tortillas together.
Flip the quesadilla so that the other side it now cooking. Cook for another few minutes until the cheese is really melted (check this by peeling the sides apart slightly).
Remove from the pan and repeat with the other half of the ingredients. Cut each one into 4 and then serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.