- ½ lime
- ½ green pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- ½ green chilli
- 25g Cheddar cheese
- Small bunch coriander
- 2 tortillas
- 1 x 10ml spoon oil
- 1 x 15ml spoon guacamole
- 1 small chicken breast (or 3-4 thighs)
- salsa (optional)
- ½ onion
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Prepare the marinade:
- squeeze the lime;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- de-seed and slice the chilli;
- chop the coriander;
- stir everything together with the oil.
2. Remove any skin from the chicken and cut the meat into
strips. Mix with the marinade and place in the fridge,
covered, until needed.
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients with a clean knife on
a clean chopping board:
- slice the onion and green pepper;
- chop the tomato;
- grate the cheese.
5. Add the marinated chicken to the wok or frying pan
and stir-fry for about 4 minutes. Check that the chicken
6. Add the onion and green pepper and continue to cook for
a further 2 minutes.
7. Warm the tortillas in a microwave oven for 20 seconds,
then lay flat on a plate.
8. Spread a little chicken in the centre of the tortilla, add
some tomato, cheese and guacamole, then roll up.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Marinade for meat 3.5/5 (133 Votes)
- BBQ'd Pineapple 3.8/5 (109 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)