Grilled chicken with Pico de Gallo
A quick and easy summer dish for when it's too warm (or sunny!) to fuss around in the kitchen.
- For grilled chicken and seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp powdered cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp of preferred oil
- for frying
- For Pico de Gallo
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- either red or white (more can be added to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Half of a medium-sized jalapeño
- or adjust to desired hotness.
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- or adjust to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Season the chicken breast with the spices and lime juice and let sit for at least 2 hours. Grill the chicken either in a pan, with 2 tbsp of preferred oil, heated up. Alternatively, prepare on the barbecue. Cooking time will vary according to heat settings, but in general, cook until juices run clear - about 8-12 minutes on each side.
For Pico de Gallo: chop all ingredients into fine pieces and combine. Season with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with green salad and vinaigrette of choice, and wedges of fresh avocado. Great served inside a fajita or taco, but also nice with tortilla crisps, as pictured.
Make a great salad topping! Good with a dollop of soured cream as well.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Chicken fajitas 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Ebly wheat salad with chicken 3.5/5 (136 Votes)
- Grilled chicken curry skewers 4.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Gratin Dauphinois 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.