Chicken Liver & Brandy Paté
- 450 grams Chicken Livers
- sliced into strips
- 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 Pint Cream
- Splash Brandy
- 2-3 Rashers Bacon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
Put the garlic and butter into a warmed pan, (on hob) then add the bacon and chicken livers. Fry for a few minutes until seared.
Add the brandy and fry until the alcohol burns off. (1-2 minutes) Add the cream to the pan, stir all the ingredients together.
Take off the heat, and blitz with a hand blitzer. (You're looking for a smooth consistency than has a bit of run to it.)
Portion into individual ramekins and place these into a deep tray. Pour hot water into tray (bain marie) a centimeter up the side of the ramekins. and loosely cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes then take out oven and leave to cool.
Serve with crunchy bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Apple of my eyes Souffle’ 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Brandy Sauce 3.3/5 (132 Votes)
- Brandy snaps 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Roast beef with foie gras 3.7/5 (77 Votes)
- Liver pate with dried mushrooms 4.3/5 (15 Votes)