Lamb Kofta's with Pitta Bread and Raita Dip
- 1 kilo of Ground Lamb Mince
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Clove of Garlic (finally chopped or pressed)
- 2 Tsp Ground Parsley
- 1 Small Onion (finally chopped or grated)
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 6 Pitta Breads
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
Put the Minced Lamb into a mixing bowl.
Add the Cumin, Garlic, Parsley and Onion.
Mix well and add the Salt & Pepper to season.
Divide the mix into 24 pieces and roll into rugby shaped kofta's.
Fry on a medium heat for 7 minutes turning often until cooked through.
Cook in the oven on 190/170 (fan) Degrees C for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle a few drops of water on to the Pittas and grill for 1-2 minutes until they puff up.
Cut them in half, open out to make pockets, put 2 Kofta's in each half. Serve with Raita and salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Doner Kebab 3.4/5 (125 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.