Slow cooked lamb
A tender melting lamb dish
- ½ shoulder lamb
- 4 carrots
- 4 sticks of celery
- 300g shallots
- 200mls red wine
- 200mls water
- 1tbsp dried rosemary
- 1tsp dried mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 270mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the carrots and celery lengthways and place in a large oven proof pan, peel the shallots and add.
Place the lamb shoulder on top of the vegetables.
Mince the garlic and add to pan, add the rosemary, mint, and black pepper. Pour the wine and water over the meat and cover with the lid.
Cover and cook in the oven for 4 hours at 100°C.
Remove lid from pan and place back in the oven and continue to cook at 200°C for 30 minutes.
Remove lamb from pan and serve with the braised vegetables.
Try adding Lebanese spice mix for a spice kick.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.