Spiced Lamb Casserole
This is a delicious, fruity and quick Spiced Lamb Casserole. This is so simple and tasty it will be on the menu every week.
- 300g Diced Lamb
- 1 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Onions
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 700ml Chicken Stock
- 12 Dates
- roughly chopped
- 1tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- Handful of Coriander
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Sweat the onions and carrots in some oil over a moderate heat until the onions are soft and translucent.
Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes
Coat the meat in the flour and add to the pan, turn the heat up to brown the meat. Season.
Add the stock, tomato paste and garlic. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and it is thick and rich.
Add the dates, cranberry sauce and most of the coriander and simmer for 10 minutes.
Garnish with the remaining coriander. Serve with toasted pittas and couscous.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)