Easy minted lamb shanks
- 2 x lamb shanks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 organic beef stock cube
- 2 heaped teaspoons of mint sauce
- 200ml hot water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Turn oven on to a high setting - gas mark 7 or 8
In a jug, melt stock cube in hot water, add red wine and mint sauce and mix. Place lamb shanks in a lidded casserole dish.
Pour contents of jug over the lamb shanks, then drizzle the honey over the lamb shanks. Place lid on dish, cook on high temperature for 20mins then turn down to no.2 for 1 hour 40mins.
When cooked, either use juice in the dish as a gravy or add it to a further prepared gravy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)