Roast veal with potatoes and lardons
- 1 roast veal
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 gr of lardons
- 20 cl of white
- veal stock
- creme fraiche
- 4 large potatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Prick the roast with garlic. Fry in a pan. Reserve.
Fry in a pan the potatoes, sliced into pieces, the bacon lardons and onion and fry until the lardons are cooked.
Pour everything into a dish with the roast. Add 1 tablespoon of veal stock, 20 cl of white wine, pepper and 2 tablespoons of cream. Pour over with enough water to cover the potatoes.
Bake at 230 degrees for 90 minutes, baste the roast regularly with its juice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Varenyky (Ukrainian stuffed... 3.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Roast knuckle of veal 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.