- 4-5 large potatoes
- 3 onions
- bacon bits
- 2 tins sweet corn
- 250ml cream
- Salt & pepper
- smoked paprika to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and dice the potatoes and onions.
Add the diced potatoes and one of the onions into a large pot, cover with water and boil for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Add one of the tins of corn to the pot.
Blend about half the mixture until smooth, leaving the remainder whole.
Fry up the bacon and the remaining onions in a pan.
Add the fried bacon, onions and the remaining corn to the pot.
Add the cream and season with some salt and loads of black pepper.
Heat very slowly, stirring regularly in order to ensure that the cream doesn’t curdle.
Prior to serving, sprinkle over smoked paprika.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.3/5 (71 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Creamy Clam Chowder 3.7/5 (96 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.