Sweetcorn and Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Knob of butter
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 18 fl oz milk
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 10oz/300g smoked haddock fillets
- 5oz/140g frozen sweetcorn
- chopped parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter, add chopped bacon and onion.
Gently fry for 5 mins to soften.
Add the milk, potatoes, haddock and sweetcorn, simmer for 10 mins.
Scatter with parsley to serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Cheesy Jack BBQ Chicken 3.8/5 (110 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Creamy Clam Chowder 3.7/5 (96 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- New England Style Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (15 Votes)