Smoked Haddock Pate
- 225g Smoked Haddock Fillet
- 225g Low-Fat Cottage Cheese with Chives
- Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of Lemon
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tsp Chopped Capers in Brine (optional)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Peppter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Place the smoked haddock fillet i a wide pan and cover with water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil.
Cover the pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes then allow fish to cool in the liquid. When the fish is cool enough to handle, lift it out and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Remove the skin and any bones. Flake the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mix the smoked haddock with the cottage cheese, lemon zest and juice, parsley and capers. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
Cover the pate mixture and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours before eating.
If preferred you can serve in small individual ramekin dishes.
Serve with crispbreads or toast and eat with a crisp side salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Roast beef with foie gras 3.7/5 (77 Votes)