Smoked Haddock in cream sauce with spinach and mashed potatoes
This is a great Sunday dish for all haddock lovers!
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water until soft. Mash with 2 knobs of butter and add as much milk as you need to get the right consistency (as smooth and creamy as you like). Set aside, keeping warm.
Poach the haddock in water (you'll need to add just enough water covering the fish half way up). Set aside, keeping it warm.
Pour the liquor into a frying pan and heat until you have reduced it by half. Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and simmer until it has thickened to a creamy sauce.
Heat the 3rd knob of butter in a frying pan. Add the spinached leaves, previously washed, coating them in the butter. Season and cook until they are soft.
Warm a large serving dish in the oven. Place the mashed potatoes on one side of the hot dish, the haddock in the middle and the spinach on the other side. Pour over the cream sauce. And serve.
You can garnish your dish with a little fresh, chopped parsley.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Spinach, Mozzarella & Ricotta... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Light Spinach Flan without pastry 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.