Hermitage Roast Potatoes
- 2 lbs/1kg potatoes
- skins on
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 big glugs olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Lots of salt & pepa (shoop)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 425F/190c degrees. Thoroughly wash the potatoes, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Add the cut pieces to a large baking dish.
Mince the garlic, juice the lemons, and chop the rosemary (first remove the rosemary leaves from their stems, then finely chop). Add everything to the potatoes.
Add the olive oil, salt, lots of pepper and a generous pouring of olive oil. Lightly toss everything together, then pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
Stir the potatoes once or twice to make sure they're well coated in olive oil. Be sure to taste them to make sure they have cooked all the way through, then add a final sprinkle of salt before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (151 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Sweet Potato bites 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Italian Panfried Chicken 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.