A homemade version of an Indian classic
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp tikka or tandoori spice mix
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried mint
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Chop the chicken, onion, and peppers into 1 inch chunks and place in an ovenproof dish.
Mix the spice mix, 100g yoghurt and 1tsp lemon juice together and thoroughly coat the chicken, onion and peppers.
Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
Cook for 25 minutes at 200°C.
Whilst the meat is cooking, mix the remaining 100ml of yoghurt, 1tsp lemon juice and the 1tsp of dried mint together and leave to stand to make the mint yoghurt.
Serve with a green salad and the mint yoghurt
Try using coriander instead of lettuce in the salad for a taste explosion
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Pakistani Palak Gosht (Meat &... 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.