Tender choice for a Sunday lunchtime roast.
- - olive oil
- - Half leg of lamb
- - 2 red onions
- - 4 cloves of garlic
- - 4 sprigs of rosemary
- - 1 tsp dried sage
- - 2 bay leaves
- - 400ml white wine
- - 1 tbsp honey
- - roast potatoes
- to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Take the lamb out of the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes or so. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Place lamb in a coverable pot and season with salt and pepper. Throw the unpeeled garlic whole into the pot along with the red onions, skinned and cut into rough chunks. Add the rosemary sprigs and bayleaves, and sprinkle the sage over the lamb. Pour in the wine and drizzle the honey over the lamb.
Place the lid on the pot and roast in the oven for at least three hours, adding the roast potatoes to the oven at the relevant time to serve both together with vegetable sides of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Roast Chops with Potatoes 3.3/5 (121 Votes)
- Johns Spicy Lamb 2.8/5 (94 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.