Banana Choc Chip oven donuts
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Spelt White Flours (You can also use AP Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 325F
Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the mashed banana, sugar and greek yogurt. Mix until incorporated.
Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your homemade piping bag.
Grease your doughnut baking pan and pipe 3/4 full the batter into each doughnut mold.
Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of each doughnut batter before baking. Or you can dip the doughnuts once baked in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You may need to paint melted butter on top of each doughnut before dipping the doughnuts in the sugar mixture to allow them to stick. Both options work perfectly.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool before eating.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (429 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)