Coconut Macaroon Tart
- Shortcrust Pastry
- 3 Eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 150g Coconut
- 5 Tbsp Jam
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180c / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
Get a round cake tin and grease all the sides with butter or greaseproof paper.
Then get your shortcrust pastry and roll it out on some cling film and then line your cake tin with the pastry and trim of the edges.
You then want to put baking beans in foil in the centre of the cake and bake the pastry blind for 10 minutes.
Then leave to cool while you make the filling.
Put a thin layer of jam in the bottom of the pastry.
To make the filling mix the eggs, caster sugar and coconut together.
Then add to the pastry, spread evenly and cook for 20/ 30 minutes.
Leave to cool and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)