Christmas chocolate log
- 80 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 130 g flour
- one teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix 80 grams of sugar with 3 eggs. Knead together until the mixture is smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Put the dough into a loaf tin and bake on low heat.
After 15 minutes of cooking, turn out onto a wet towel and spread sweet chestnut cream or jam on the cake.
Roll the cake and place on a serving plate.
Then take 200 grams of cooking chocolate and melt in a pan by covering it with a little boiling water. When the chocolate is soft, discard the water and stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon. Add 50 grams of butter. You can add a little coffee to the chocolate topping to make it softer.
Pour the chocolate onto the log, coating well and smooth with a spatula.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (459 Votes)
- Christmas fougasse bread 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Swiss Roulade 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Chocolate Biscuit and Nutella Cake 3.3/5 (139 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Strawberry Roly-Poly cake 4.1/5 (81 Votes)
- Apple and Nutella pie 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Christmas Truffles 4.2/5 (59 Votes)