Joulutortut (Finnish Christmas star tartlets)
- 500g butter
- 500g flour
- 75 cl of water
- 1 egg yolk
- 10g of plum jam
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Remove the butter from the fridge. In a bowl, add the flour and make a well. Pour the water in the centre of the well and add the butter. Knead. Set aside for approx. 1.
Preheat the oven to 230 ° C (gas mark 8). Roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.5 cm. Fold the dough into 3 (wallet-style). Make a quarter turn, roll the dough out again and fold in 3.
Roll out the dough and cut out squares. Add a spoonful of plum jam in each centre and make a star shape in the pastry. Brush with egg yolk. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (145 Votes)