Mini Jam Tarts
A British classic in handy mouth sized portions.
- 240g Plain Flour
- 120g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 20g Sugar
- 16+Tablespoons of jam (strawberry or blackcurrant work great)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Stir together flour and sugar to prepare Dry ingredients. Mix Eggs and butter, until butter is softened to make Wet ingredients
Mix Dry and Wet ingredients until mixture forms a dry dough. If possible, refrigerate dough to give time for butter to firm up.
Grease/line a cupcake tray with greaseproof paper.
Roll out dough until it is around 1 cm thick.
Use a scone cutter to cut circles out of the rolled out dough.
Then push the circles into the tray cups to look like little bowls
Blind bake for 10 minutes at Gas Mark 5/180 degrees, with baking beans or weights in the 'pastry bowls' if possible.
Remove from oven and fill the pastry bowls with a tablespoon of jam.
Return to oven for 10 minutes at Gas Mark 5/180 degrees
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Jam Tarts 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Mini Roquefort Burgers 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Oscar's squashy apple scones 3.1/5 (83 Votes)