- 125g soft butter
- 60g sifted icing sugar
- 15g egg white
- 15g egg yolk
- 1tp vanilla extract
- 210 plain flour
- 480g egg
- 320g sugar
- 960ml milk
- 2 1/2 tp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Whisk sugar and egg till melted.
Add milk and vanilla extract then mix. Sieve out the mixture.
In another bowl,add in butter and icing sugar and mix.
Add egg white, egg yolk and vanilla extract in the middle and mix until smooth.
Add in plain flour and form a dough. It shouldn't be sticky.
Chill the dough in freezer for about 10min.
Make the shell using the tart case and poke holes in the middle using a fork.
Prebake at 150oC for 15min then at 180oC until golden brown.
Leave it to cool then add in the custard.
Bake at 165oC for 15min and at 150oC until custard is almost set.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (153 Votes)