Goat's Cheese Tartlets
- Short crust pastry
- 4 asparagus spears
- 4 turned carrots
- 2 turned courgettes
- 8 mange-tout
- 4 black olives
- 2 spears baby corn
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 80g sautéed spinach
- 120-160g log of goats' cheese
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 100ml beurre blanc sauce
- 50ml red pepper coulis
- 4tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Chervil to garnish ( or Fennel Tops)
- Red Pepper Coulis:
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 diced shallot
- 2 roasted and peeled red pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup V-8 Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Beurre Blanc Sauce:
- Preparation Time: 30mins
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (Fresh
- or 2 1/2 tblsp concentrated)
- 1 shallots peeled and chopped
- 170gms butter cut into 1-inch sticks
- Salt and white pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Line two 10cm tartlet tins with short crust pastry and bake blind in a medium oven for 10 minutes.
Blanch asparagus, carrots, courgettes and baby corn until al dente. Transfer with olives and tomato to a pan and sauté with a little butter. Season to taste.
Line tartlet case with spinach followed by vegetables. Position a generous slice of goats' cheese on top bake five minutes or until cheese begins to go golden.
Sauté mushrooms in a very hot pan drain on blotting paper.
Arrange mushrooms in centre of plate position tartlet on top.
Drizzle Beurre Blanc sauce over dish then lightly drizzle red pepper coulis around the edges.
Garnish with sprigs of chervil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)