A family recipe from Great-Nanna Lottie.
- 1 lb flour
- 1 lb breadcrumbs
- 1 lb suet
- 1 lb currents
- 1 lb raisins
- 1 lb sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 lb candied peel
- a little milk
- nutmeg and mace to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 pint brandy
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the suet, raisins, currants and peel. Add these to the breadcrumbs and flour and mix well.
Add the eggs, milk and brandy. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
Place the results in a basin, cover with cloth and afterwards boil the pudding for seven hours.
Before serving, boil again for two hours.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Apple of my eyes Souffle’ 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Chocolate Puddle Pudding 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Brandy Sauce 3.3/5 (132 Votes)
- Brandy snaps 4.1/5 (55 Votes)