Super Tasty Bolognese
A family favourite
- ½ onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 150g mushrooms
- 250g lean steak mince
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried allspice
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 300g dried spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in 1 tsp vegetable oil or spray oil until translucent.
Add the mince and fry until the mince is brown.
Add the tomato puree, herbs and allspice and mix well.
Add the tinned chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
Boil the pasta following the packets instructions, drain and place to one side.
Check the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the sauce on top of the pasta.
The bolognese sauce can be used in lasagna or pasta bakes as well.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.