Homemade Beef Burgers
- 500g high-grade minced beef
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 3 pickles
- 4 strips bacon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat up the oil in a frying pan and add dice the onion.
Fry the onion in the pan until soft and brown, and add the garlic. Be careful not to burn the ingredients or it will give your burgers a biter taste.
Break-up the mince with your fingers into a large bowl.
Put the onions and garlic on top of the mince and allow to cool before mixing it into the meat.
Add the salt and pepper, herbs, pickles and mustard. Mix thoroughly.
Crack the egg in the mix and mix it right the way into the beef.
With your hands, separate the meat into 4 rounded patties. Cook the bacon in the pan.
Make a depression in the centre so that to the burgers cook evenly. Put the burgers into the pan/on the BBQ.
Serve with inside burger buns, with vegetables and the topping of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.