Vegetarian Sausage Cassarole
A warming dish that will fill you up.
- 6 Vegetarian Sausages
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tin of mixed beans and / or chickpeas
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- to taste
- 3-4 carrots
- chopped (optional)
- 1 stock cube
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place sausages on tray in oven and cook according to instructions on pack
Meanwhile, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
Add tomatoes, seasoning, beans / chickpeas and carrots (optional) to mix. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until veg is soft and tender
Add spinach and wilt down. Cut sausages into 3 pieces each and add to mix, trying not to break or crumble. Allow to be coated in sauce for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
This dish goes well with a carb-based side like new potatoes, wedges or rice. However, you could add potato to the mix and get the whole meal in one pot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.