Stuff tomatoes with whatever you fancy! The idea below is just a suggestion
- 4-6 Large Beef Tomatoes
- Breadcrumbs or stuffing mix
- 1 bag Spinach
- 1 tin Sweetcorn
- Tomato Puree
- 1 Sweet red pepper
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 onion
- Grated cheese - however much you prefer.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cut tops off tomatoes and hollow out insides. Keep the pulp for the filling mix.
Mix all ingredients apart from actual tomatoes together, and place on baking tray. If stuffing mix requires preparation then get this ready first. Bake all ingredients in Oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
Stuff all ingredients inside beef tomatoes and replace "lids" then return to oven for 5 minutes. Optional: sprinkle tops with cheese.
The bigger the tomato the better for this recipe
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (430 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)