Romano Peppers with Couscous
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch salad onions - sliced
- 150g mushrooms - chopped
- 25g pine kernels
- 2 romano peppers - halved and deseeded.
- 100g Lundberg Gluten free couscous
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 150ml freshly boiled water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the salad onions, mushrooms and peppers.
Preheat an oven to gas mark 6. Heat the oil and fry the salad onions, mushrooms, pine kernels for 4 minutes.
Taking each pepper half, stuff with the mushroom mixture and place in an oiled roasting tray. Move the tray into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Prepare the couscous by mixing together with the harissa and leaving in a bowl for 5 minutes, covered with freshly boiled water. You should then be able to fluff with a fork.
Once the peppers are ready, remove from the oven. Serve the couscous onto warmed plates. Add the peppers to the couscous. Season well.
The dish would count as two out of five fresh foods (the daily requirement)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (478 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (237 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- The Ultimate Three Cheeses Stuffed... 3.3/5 (125 Votes)