Cep mushrooms with a duo of tomato chutney and mushroom cream
By Monnier Marion L'Hostellerie Le Prieuré
- 520 g white mushrooms (ceps)
- 500 g large cep mushrooms
- 200 g salami sausage or saucisson
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 100 g shallots
- 500 g pineapple tomatoes
- 500 g beef tomatoes
- 200 g red onions
- 100 g white balsamic vinegar
- 100 g sherry vinegar
- 200 g caster sugar
- Olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100 g butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 200 g of single cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Slice the salami sausage and the stems of the large cep mushrooms into cubes (brunoise).
Peel the shallots, cut in half lengthwise and fry them in butter, add the chicken stock, stir and cook for 20 minutes, then leave to cool.
Stir-fry the brunoise of salami and mushrooms, add salt to taste, stir and leave to cool.
Cook the large mushroom caps then mash into a cream using a blender.
Making the chutney:
Dice the pineapple tomatoes, then separately dice the beef tomatoes (without mixing the two different kinds).
Start making a blond caramel and a dark caramel with 100g of sugar for each.
In the blond caramel, add the white balsamic vinegar, the pineapple tomatoes and the rosemary, mixed finely.
In the dark caramel, add the sherry vinegar, onions, diced beef tomatoes and leave to cook until you get a soft chutney. Leave to cool then season.
Serve the mushrooms whole, accompanied with the two tomato chutneys and the mushroom cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.7/5 (150 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Stuffed tomatoes 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Indian style tomato chutney 4.2/5 (61 Votes)