Leek,onion and mushroom pie
Beautiful short crust pastry filled with succulent seasoned mince and herbs
- 500g mince
- 1 Leek
- 6 mushroom
- 2 onions
- mixed herbs
- salt and all purpose seasoning
- 420g plain flour
- 220 of butter or pastry fat
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg s Beaten (reserve a little of the egg to glaze the pie)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
- Measure and sieve all of plain white flour into a bowl and add salt.
- Next scoop the butter and put into the flour.
- With your fingers and thumbs, rub the flour and fats gently until they resemble course bread crumbs
- In the bowl make a well in the centre and crack the whole egg into the well. With a palate knife gently incorporate the egg with the flour mixture, when the mixture becomes more stiff start to use your hands until all the mixture is combined into one ball.
- If the mixture is too crumbly, add a dash of milk to the mixture, or alternatively if the mixture is too sticky add a little more flour.
Then roll it out and place it in the tin chopp all the above ingredients, stir fry for 5 min, add gravy and add to the pastry...
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Delicious pie 3.2/5 (125 Votes)