Shellfish on a bed of leeks
- - 3 leeks washed
- cut into round slices 2 cm thick
- - 8 scallops
- - 1/2 litre of mussels
- - 1/2 litre of clams
- - 500 ml of white wine
- - 500 ml of cream
- - 1 tbsp olive oil
- - 2 chopped shallots
- - 30 g of butter
- - 1 tbsp
- of flour
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In a large saucepan, fry the shallots in olive oil. Pepper, add the white wine. When hot, add the mussels and clams until they all open (about 4-5 mins). When the shells are open, shell them and reserve.
Sieve the cooking liquid and reserve. Cut the scallops in two, height ways, to get two circles.
Heat a small quantity of the cooking juices and blanch the scallops.
Steam the leeks in butter until tender.
In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and add the flour. Mix and bind with the cooking juices, gently, to make a sauce without lumps. Add the cream and leave to thicken over low heat, stirring continuously.
In a baking dish, make a bed of leeks, cover with all the shelled shellfish and cover with sauce. Place under the grill for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Cheesy Leek & Bacon Pasta 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of foie gras... 3.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Creamy risotto with grapefruit and... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding And... 3.2/5 (117 Votes)
- Seafood Sauerkraut 4.6/5 (30 Votes)