- 3lbs marrow
- 2 1/2lbs green tomatoes
- 1 1/2 apples
- 1 1/2 onions
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3/4lb brown sugar
- 1pt vinegar
- 1/2oz pickling spice
- 1/2tsp mustard
- 1/2tsp turmeric
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place marrow, tomatoes, apples, onions and cucumber in a large pan. Sprinkle well with salt and leave overnight.
Drain well of salt, add sugar and vinegar.
Bring slowly to the boil to allow the sugar to dissolve, then boil rapidly until a thick consistency is obtained.
Place spices in a small muslin and add to pan.
Mix mustard and turmeric together, add to pan and stir well.
Boil up again, remove bag of spices.
Bottle and cover
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (188 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)