Quince chutney and pumpkin tajine style.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a pan, make a caramel with the honey. Reduce the heat and add the spices. Stir well to get all the flavours. Chop the onions (make small cubes) and then add them to the pan, coating well, and sweat.
Peel and cut the quinces into cubes (first removing the core then the skin last). Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes the same size. When the onions are translucent, add the quinces and coat well. Cook for a few minutes and do the same with the pumpkin. When the cubes are browned, deglaze with the vinegar. Season with salt. Reduce for a few minutes. Add water to cover halfway up and then cover with a lid for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding water if necessary.
Remove from the heat, add mint leaves, coarsely torn. Stir.
Leave overnight in the fridge. Pour into sterilised glass jars.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (153 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (150 Votes)
- Halloween pumpkin cake 3.5/5 (121 Votes)