Georgia's Special Victoria Sponge
This victoria sponge is a twist on the tradition victoria sponge as it has an icing topping.
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1-2 Eggs
- 150g Butter
- 5 Tbsp Raspberry Jam
- For butter icing:
- 100g Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180c / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth and consistent.
You then want to add an egg at a time with a little flour each time, then add remaining flour, then you want to mix until smooth.
Place mixture into two round cake tins and cook for 25 minutes, if you don't have two cake tins then cook in one large one and cook it for 40 minutes.
Leave to cool completely then place raspberry jam in the middle of the two sponges.
Then mix the icing sugar and butter together until thick and creamy.
Place the butter icing all over the cake until completely covered, then decorate with chocolate hearts.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)