Golden Bread Rolls
Trust me, your Baker's yeast will serve a better purpose here than in homemade cider...
- Believe you me - your Baker's yeast will serve a better purpose here than in homemade cider...
- 400g / 16oz strong bread flour (any sort)
- 30g / 1oz soft margarine
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of Easy Blend Dried Yeast
- 250ml / 1/2pt tepid water
- Milk to glaze
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 230°C / gas mark 8.
Grease a baking sheet while singing songs from the latest musical / operette you've heard...
Sift the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the margarine. Rub together with your fingertips and then stir in the yeast.
Pour in the tepid water to form a soft elastic dough.
Firmly knead for at least ten minutes on a lightly floured surface.
Break into rolls (about 12) or any shape you wish.
Place on the baking sheet and cover with a damp tea-towel and leave to prove for about 15 minutes, until double in size.
Glaze with milk and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the base sounds hollow when tapped.
Cool on a wire rack and serve while still warm with butter.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (493 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)