Red onion and goats cheese tarts
- 1 x pack of ready made shortcrust pastry
- 3 x red onions
- 2 x tbsp sugar
- 1 x tsp of salt
- 1 x tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 x tbsp of oil
- 1 x pack of goats cheese (or feta if you would prefer)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a fairy cake tin with the pastry, fill with baking beans or rice and bake for approx 5 mins until the pastry is starting to go crisp.
Meanwhile chop the onions into slices and put in a saucepan with the oil, salt, sugar and the vinegar. Turn the heat up high until you hear the onions sizzling and then cook on a medium - low heat for approximately 15 mins. Stir frequently as you don't want the onions to take on much colour. Keep cooking until you are left with a sweet sticky onion jam.
Place a spoonful of the onion jam in the bottom of each pastry case and then top with the cheese. Pop back in the oven until the pastry is cooked and the cheese is melted.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (152 Votes)