Pear and caramel pie
By Lili18 , blog Cuisine et saveurs de Lili
- 2 rolls of readymade puff pastry
- 230 g of sugar
- 4 tbsp of water
- 30 g salted butter
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 70 g unsalted butter
- 3 pears
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (gas mark 6-7).
In a saucepan, make a caramel: Heat 130 g of sugar and water. When the caramel is golden, add the butter cut into pieces and whisk. Remove from the heat, stir in the mascarpone in 3 goes. Leave to cool.
In a bowl, mix the softened butter, the remaining sugar and ground hazelnuts. When the mixture is smooth, add the caramel.
Peel the pears and cut into quarters and set aside. Spread the pastry out in a flan tin and pour over the caramel mascarpone, spread well. Place the pears on top.
Cover with the second puff pastry, sticking the edges together by turning them inwards. Make small slits all around the edge of the two pastries to make sure they really stick well then mark decorations on top with a knife or fork. Beat the egg and milk together and brush the pie before baking for 30 minutes.
Leave to cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving....and then enjoy !
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Tart 3.4/5 (130 Votes)