By Catherine B
- 2 kg of rock fish
- 1 kg of rascasse (scorpion fish)
- 1 kg of crabs and crustaceans
- 1 sprig of fennel
- 3 tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 1 onions diced finely
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 dried orange peel
- 20 cl of olive oil
- 8 slices of dry bread
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Wash, clean out, and chop the fish (or better yet, ask the fishmonger)
In a pot, combine the fish, oil, vegetables, and spices. Put the pot in the fridge for one hour.
Take it out of the refrigerator, cover it with water or fish stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 to 15 minute depending on the fish.
To serve, you can either lay the fish out on a platter, and spoon the broth into a bowl - using the bread as croutons, or just spoon all the fish, bread, and broth into one bowl.
The freshness of the fish, and the quality of the oil and saffron will determine how good your dish is, so be picky when purchasing!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Syrian Za'atar Breads 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.3/5 (71 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- North African Stew with Tomato and... 2.9/5 (163 Votes)