- For Pastry:
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Margarine
- 1 Egg
- Small drop of Water
- For Filling:
- 400g Stewing Steak
- Milk for glazing the pie
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix the Flour & Margarine to a breadcrumb mixture.
Add the Egg and mould to a pastry using drop of Water if needed.
Cover the Stewing steak with water and cook in a saucepan until tender.
Add the gravy and stir until thick.
Roll the pastry out and keep some aside for the lid. Fill the pie with the steak and put the pastry lid on top.
Glaze with milk.
Bake on 190 Degrees C for 45 Minutes or until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.