Pork & Pears
One of the our first efforts at home cooking 20+ years ago
- 4 pork chops bone in (around 450g each)
- 1 tblsp marjoram
- 30 g butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tin pear halves with juice (410g)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
Melt butter in a frying pan and brown the chops on both sides then transfer to an oven proof casserole dish keeping any juice in the pan
Add the pear halves to the frying pan and heat through under a low heat to maintain a little firmness. Transfer pears to the casserole dish.
Add the juice from the pears to the pan and add the marjoram and lemon juice and reduce by about half.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the reduced liquid over the chops and pears and put the covered casserole dish in a preheated oven for about 2.5 hours or until the meat is coming away from the bone.
This dish can be prepared as above and cooked in a slow cooker on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve with roast potatoes and fresh seasonal vegetables.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Roast Chops with Potatoes 3.3/5 (120 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.