Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie
Gluten free no-bake banoffee pie
A great no-bake Banoffee Pie, delicious and gluten-free!
- 1-1 1/2 Packs of gluten free biscuits (depending on size of pack and size of your serving dish).
- Optional-handful of gluten free fibre flakes
- several knobs of butter
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 1 to 1 1/2 small tins of caramel flavour condensed milk (approx 350g)
- 1 large tub of whipping cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Get out your food processor and put in the fine grate attachment.
Alternatively, you could go down the "put everything in a bag and beat it senseless with a rolling pin" approach, which is fun but tiring!
Feed in the biscuits, cookies, fibre flakes or whatever you are using for your base.
Melt the butter in the microwave or on the hob and then pour into your food processor and give it another whizz until everything is finely chopped and mixed.
Spoon into your flan dish and press down with the back of a spoon to get a level base. Ideally pop into the fridge for 1/2 hour to chlil.
Spoon out the caramel condensed milk onto the base and chill again (if you can wait that long)
Thinly slice your bananas and do a layer of banana coins over the caramel.
Whip the cream until it is thick and smooth over the bananas.
Finish with chocolate sprinkles and either serve or chill until you're ready to eat it.
All measurements are relaxed for this recipe as it depends on what size your dish is, how many you are serving and what ingredients you have to hand (it's great for using up leftover cereal and biscuits and over-ripe bananas.
It doesn't really matter what biscuits you use, however I like to use shortbread or digestives, but use whatever you have, throw in a few white chocolate chip cookies for a bit of variation.
I like to throw in a handful of fibre flakes when making the base (i tried it once when i ran out of biscuits and got surprisingly rave reviews)-it makes a bit crunchy and less rich-yummy!
Finally Peter- you need to MELT the butter before chucking in the food processor :-)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (160 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (85 Votes)