Banoffe Pie, Just Banoffe Pie old
A nice handed down recipe from the ages, but that centre... Oooohhhh that centre....
- 150g / 6oz digestive biscuits
- 75g / 3oz butter
- 25g / 1oz demerara sugar
- 397g / 14oz tin of condensed milk
- 2 or 3 bananas
- 300ml / 1/2pt double/whipping cream
- grated chocolate / a flake
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
What?!? No preheating?!? That makes this whole recipe very appeeling...
However! - find an 20cm / 8" pie disk and line with tin foil.
Boil the condensed milk >>in the tin<< in a saucepan of water for about two hours, checking occasionally to ensure the tin is still covered.
While the milk is boiling, place the biscuits into a sandwich bag, wrap with a tea towel and whack with a rolling pin while venting all of the seethed rage!!!
Calmly melt the butter and sugar together in a saucepan. Add the biscuit crumbs.
Spread the crumbs over the foil and press down firmly. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
Once the milk has boiled and cooled, and the base - base - base, the buttery biscuit base has set, spread the milk (or now hopefully more toffee-like) over the base.
Place the sliced bananas of top (in layers if you choose) and dollop on the whipped cream.
Sprinkle over the grated chocolate or crunched flake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)
- Fudge 3.4/5 (120 Votes)