Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free
- 3 aubergines
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 lemons - juiced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 50g plain yoghurt (can use VBite range or alternative)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat an over to gas mark 6. Prick the aubergines with a fork and place them in an oven-proof tin for roasting. Prepare the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and parsley.
After 10 minutes or so, cook the aubergines for 40 minutes or so. Then leave them to cool slightly. Peel them once they have cooled.
Put the aubergine flesh into a blender and puree together with the garlic and salt. Stop and stir in the tahini, lemon juice and chilli and yoghurt. Blend the mixture again.
Pour into a bowl. Serve with crisp or ready made pitta shape bread, sprinkling with the cumin and fresh parsley and drizzled with olive oil.
You can alternatively roast the aubergines over a gas ring under their skins are roasted and they have become soft
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)