- 50g ground almonds
- 50g ground hazelnuts
- 280g flour
- 70g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 200g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 packs of vanilla sugar
- 0.5 cups icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Sieve the flour onto a baking board. Sprinkle over the almonds, hazelnuts, sugar and salt. Add the egg yolks and scatter the butter in small lumps over the mix. Starting from the centre, use your hands to mix and knead all the ingredients into a dough.
Wrap the dough in tinfoil and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into a long thin string about the thickness of a pencil. Then cut into individual lengths of approx. 5cm.
Shape them into horseshoe shapes and arrange on a lightly greased baking tray.
Bake for 10 minutes in an oven pre-heated at 190°C until they are golden.
Mix the vanilla sugar with the icing sugar in a clean bowl. Carefully dip the Kipferl into the sugar while they are still warm, ensuring that both sides get an even covering. Then allow to cool on a wire rack.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)